STEPS TO FOLLOW WHEN CHILDREN GO MISSING
Waiting 24 hours as believed is not true… while minutes tick away, minutes of a life is lost.
Be crime-conscious: be aware of crime opportunities at all times!
- Never walk around alone and don’t talk to strangers. Be on the lookout for strange cars or people.
- Walk in well-lit busy streets and in a group, if possible.
- Make sure your home is secure, and become a member of an armed response service. Be sure that you know all the emergency numbers or have them displayed in an accessible area.
- Always let someone know where you are going and how long you will be gone. But think twice before advertising your impending absence on social media. Criminals also have access to Facebook and Twitter.
- Know all emergency numbers.
- Trust your instinct.
- Avoid going onto a congested street where you cannot even walk properly, that is where you will find criminals pick pocketing.
- Avoid displaying valuables where criminals can see them.
If you would like to join the team, please contact Liana (074 321 0033) or Martin (074 509 8381)
*Please follow below link to be added to our WhatsApp group, no strings attached*